kymc

FS: Charlotte Mason, Montesorri, Noeo Science, MUS and more

18 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Homeschool Item:

We have finished homeschooling and all resources will be posted here over the next week for sale. I will try and post new resources each morning and gather them into categories for ease of recognition.

I'm happy to hold off posting items until all lists are complete in order to combine postage. Please take into account postage from 4670.

Just a few of the classics to get started and all resources are in near new condition unless stated otherwise:

Simply Grammar - an illustrated primer by Karen Andreola $10

A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola $15

The Well Trained Mind by Wise and Wise-Bauer $10 (hardcover)

How Children Learn by John Holt $5

A Charlotte Mason Education: A home schooling how-to manual by Catherine Levison $5

Fundamentals of Home Schooling: How family based learning works by Ann Lahrson-Fisher $10

More tomorrow, 

Sat 18/3/17

Resources added

Maths

I absolutely love MUS - it was my favourite home school resource and gave all of my 4 children a strong foundation in understanding math. So I have all of the available resources - if you are not familiar with it here is a link to another homeschooler's blog discussing use ( http://suzieshomeeducationideas.blogspot.com.au/2016/04/math-u-see-australia.html )

MUS - all Asia/Pacific Region

Manipulatives - aka 'the blocks' $25

Primer teacher manual, DVD and 1 new student text $35

Alpha teacher manual and DVD $20

Beta teacher manual and DVD $20

Gamma teacher manual and DVD $20

Delta teacher manual, DVD and 3 unused test booklets $20

Epsilon teacher manual, DVD, 2 unused test booklets and a student manual with 1-2 lessons completed in pencil (free if you would like) $20

Fraction overlays kit for Epsilon onward $15

Zeta teacher manual, DVD, 2 unused student text, 2 unused student test booklets $35

More resources will be posted late today.

Thanks for looking, Kym

MUS

MUS Songbook - skip count and addition facts with audio CD $5

Montessori Resources

Montessori Play and Learn: A Parents' Guide to Purposeful Play from two to six by Lesley Britton $5

Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under Fives by David Gettman $5

Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Pre-school years by Elizabeth Hainstock $5

Montessori Read and Write: A Parents' Guide to Literacy for Children $5

A Parents' guide to the Montessori classroom by Aline d Wolf (this has a splash mark on cover) $3

Will post some more in the morning.

Thanks again for looking, good night...

Sunday 19th morning update

Art

Child-Size Masterpieces for Art Appreciation by Aline D Wolf

If you are unfamiliar with these products, here is a review blog on pros/cons by another homeschooler.

http://www.homeschoolwithlove.com/2012/02/14/child-size-masterpieces-review/

And here is the link to the Montessori homepage with more details on each individual set and prices for new. I have 7 of the 8 sets (only one I don't have is Child Size Masterpieces [CSMP] Modern School of Art - Steps 6, 7). http://www.montessoriservices.com/art/art-appreciation

I have attached images of the books as they are sold. I have made up the first 3 levels into their 3 folders (that is books 1 2 and 3) and each level is 36 postcards (3 folders of 12 postcards). You can thank me for that job later:). Book 5 (Step 5) I started to cut the first few out but got distracted and the other 3 books are untouched  I could give all of these to charity and save myself a large amount of time (I've sorted them all into respective pockets), but would rather pass them on for a small price as no-one will appreciate the value of these as much as another homeschooler. Hope you enjoy.

How to use Child-size masterpieces by Aline D Wolf $5

Child Size Masterpieces For Steps 1,2,3 - Level 1 by Aline D Wolf $5 (prepared)

Child Size Masterpieces For Steps 1,2,3 - Level 2 by Aline D Wolf $5 (prepared)

Child Size Masterpieces For Steps 1,2,3 - Level 3 by Aline D Wolf $5 (prepared)

Child Size Masterpieces For Step 4 (For learning the names of the artists) by Aline D Wolf $5

Child Size Masterpieces For Step 5 (Learning about famous paintings) by Aline D Wolf $5

Child Size Masterpieces For Steps 1,2,3,4 of Mommy It's a Renoir! by Aline D Wolf $5

Child Size Masterpieces For Step 8 of Mommy It's a Renoir! by Gerald Wolf $5

LEM ART  (image of content page below, same for each level just increasingly advanced activities) web link below

http://lem.com.au/index.php?menusort=&Menu1=LEM&Menu2=LEM~Art&Products=LEM~Art~Lets Teach Art&mode=browse

Let's Teach Art Grade K - A curriculum for teaching fine art by Terry Lewitzka (Light Education Ministries - LEM) with video (2001) $5

Let's Teach Art Grade 1 - A curriculum for teaching fine art trial edition by Terry Lewitzka $5

Let's Teach Art Grade 2 - A curriculum for teaching fine art trial edition by Terry Lewitzka $5

Let's Teach Art Grade 3 - A curriculum for teaching fine art trial edition by Terry Lewitzka $5

Books

Come Look with Me - Exploring Landscape Art with Children - hardcover by Gladys Blizzard $7

https://www.amazon.com/Exploring-Landscape-Children-Come-Look/dp/0934738955/ref=pd_sbs_14_t_0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3M44P5TNRG484DWMHCZ3

Come Look with Me - Enjoying Art with Children - hardcover Gladys Blizzard $7

Thanks for Looking

Sunday 19/3/17 evening

Just letting everyone know that I can post any orders on Tuesday if people would like. Please PM me if so and I will provide an update on postage and DD details tomorrow. The resources are nearly half way through in volume. I will post again in the morning.

Thanks for looking, good night.

Monday 20/3/17

French

Secondary School

The popular French textbooks by Valette and Valette are still available today

Textbook French for Fluency (for 3rd year of French) by Valette and Valette $5 (hardcover)

Workbook French for Fluency (unused) x 2 $10

Answer key French for Fluency $5

http://www.setonbooks.com/viewone.php?ToView=P-F3HS-11

Textbook French for Mastery 2 by Valette and Valette $5 (hardcover)

Workbook French for Mastery 2 (unused) x 3 $10

Answer key French for Mastery $5

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=French+for+mastery+2

French Now Level 1, 4th Ed by Kendris $5 (paperback)

https://www.amazon.com/French-Level-Christopher-Kendris-Ph-D/dp/0764135600/ref=sr_1_fkmr2_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1489976037&sr=1-2-fkmr2&keywords=French+now+level+1+4th+edition

Easy French exercises: Practice for Beginners by S Rybak $5

Primary Level

French Power-Glide Junior Adventure elementary course with workbooks and CDs $25

https://www.rainbowresource.com/proddtl.php?id=011216&subject=Foreign+Language/15&category=French+Power-Glide+Courses/9523

Leo le chat comes to play: a first French story by O Dunn & C Gale (hardcover) $3

Je List avec les animaux de la jungle by Y Barbetti  (hardcover) $3

Usborne book of everyday words in French (paperback) $3

Usborne first hundred words in French sticker book (unused) $3

Martine recoit du courier (sticker book unused) $3

Contes pour rever by Gilberte Millour  (hardcover) $2

Wapiti - Les sciences de la nature French nature magazine by 5 $5

http://www.wapiti-magazine.com/les-rubriques

Board books in French

Les animaux de la montagne $2

Martine: a perdu son chien $2

Thanks for looking and have a great day:)

Science

I have found it a real struggle to put the following items from NOEO science up for sale. I do love science and I do also love the concept of combining Charlotte Mason with classical as a teaching approach to science and that is what this homeschool science curriculum is all about.

http://www.logospressonline.com/noeo

I never had the opportunity to use these with my children as I discovered them later and always wanted to go back and use them but never seemed to have the time. We did dabble in a little chemistry and read through some of the books. I still learn from them :) when I read them. But in reality, I won't have the time now either so maybe someone else will benefit from them who could not afford to buy them outright from new. The kits sell for a min of $170US and only 1 of mine was used so this is a very cheap deal as they are very much as new. Enjoy.

Biology 1 - grade level 1-3 and ages 5-8 yrs, Classical Stage - Early Grammar $70

comprised of 10 books (all new)

1 Instructor Manual

5 science kits

1 Practical Science Weather Kit (unopened)

photos of example pages and the contents of kit attached below

Still to come, chemistry 1, 2, 3; physics 1, 2 and biology 2.

Cheers, Kym

Thursday 23/3/17

Science cont.

Chemistry 1 - grade level 1-3 and ages 5-8 yrs, Classical Stage - Early Grammar $70

comprised of 14 books (some of the books have been used)

1 instructor manual

5 hands on science kits (1 used and needs some materials replaced)

1 Molecular model kit (unopened)

photos of chemistry 1 attached below as a pdf

Physics 1 - grade level 1-3 and ages 5-8 yrs, Classical Stage - Early Grammar $70

comprised of 11 books

1 instructor manual

5 hands on science kits

1 Mechanical science - dive into  the world of mechanics kit (unopened)

photos of physics 1 attached below as a pdf

Sorry will have to start a new thread part 2 as not enough space to upload physics 1 pdf of photos

biol 1 lesson plan.JPG

biol1 1 kit.JPG

Biol 1 content.JPG

biol 1 course content.JPG

biol 1 ex 1.JPG

chemistry 1.pdf

Edited by kymc
starting new thread to upload more images

Is your copy of SImply Grammar the revised/expanded edition?  If so, I'd like it as well as How Children Learn.  

1 person likes this

Simply Grammar - an illustrated primer by Karen Andreola $10

A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola $15

A Charlotte Mason Education: A home schooling how-to manual by Catherine Levison $5

Hi Kym, Could I please start a pile?  i am interested in these ones please :)

Blessings...

Kat :)

1 person likes this

Interested in your MUS :)

1 person likes this

Please could I be next for the 2 Charlotte Mason books? Thank you 

1 person likes this

Sold please on MUS: Primer set, Epsilon Set and Fraction over lays 

They are the Australian version yeah? I'm not sure I'd Asia/Pacific region are the same as Australian? (Probably really silly question lol) 

Thank you :)

1 person likes this

Hi Darlene, yes we are in the Asia/Pacific region:) vice the US. Not that it makes any difference to the DVD, just that the student workbooks are in metric.

Cheers, Kym.

1 person likes this

And it's not a silly question, I would have to think about it too:)

1 person likes this

Sold all child size masterpieces and come look with me books please.

1 person likes this

I just realised I already have Come Look With Me: Enjoying Art with Children. I only need the landscapes book please.

Thanks

Basia :)

1 person likes this

Hi Kym,

I only discovered this forum yesterday, and signed up just so that I could respond to this post! But I am also looking forward to browsing the other subforums and connecting with other homeschool mums.

Could I please request all of your Montessori materials?

Montessori Play and Learn: A Parents' Guide to Purposeful Play from two to six by Lesley Britton $5

Basic Montessori: Learning Activities for Under Fives by David Gettman $5

Teaching Montessori in the Home: The Pre-school years by Elizabeth Hainstock $5

Montessori Read and Write: A Parents' Guide to Literacy for Children $5

A Parents' guide to the Montessori classroom by Aline d Wolf (this has a splash mark on cover) $3

I would also like "A Well Trained Mind." I won't need this for a few years, but I'm curious and it's a good price :)

Could you please quote postage to 6000.

Also considering the MUS Alpha, I'll let you know tonight. Is it the Australian version?

thanks Kym :)

PS. Did you do a combination of Montessori and Classical? Would love to chat about how that worked for you... Is there a thread somewhere with discussion on this?

1 person likes this

Can I please get the Valette French books, though I only need one copy of the workbooks.

Postage is to 3037. Thanks!

1 person likes this