• Announcements

angiet

Institute for Excellence in Writing

4 posts in this topic

I have the following for sale, postage extra.

Institute for Excellence in Writing (IEW)

http://iew.com/shop/products/student-writing-intensive-level-b

Student Writing Intensive Level B  $50

6-8

Category: IEW Writing Courses

Author(s): Andrew Pudewa , Jill Pike

Recorded live with Mr. Andrew Pudewa, this four-DVD writing course for middle school students new to IEW lays a solid foundation of writing skills. Over the course of 15–30 weeks, students will learn how to effectively use a wide range of structural models and stylistic techniques in their compositions, as they write on a variety of enjoyable fiction and non-fiction topics. Included with the student handouts are complete teacher's notes, source texts, assignments, and checklists.

Teaching Writing: Structure and Style  $60

IEW Writing Courses

Author(s): Andrew Pudewa

This powerful and inspiring seminar will transform the way you teach writing to children (and perhaps your own writing as well)! You'll learn how to incrementally teach students to write with clear structure and compelling style. Begin with the basics—rewriting a paragraph—and continue all the way into advanced creative and essay writing. Learn how to nurture excellence in writing and thinking in students of any age.

Whether your students are eager learners or reluctant writers, the award-winning Teaching Writing: Structure and Style video seminar will give you the tools you need to confidently teach your students to write well, think clearly, and express themselves eloquently and persuasively.

Teachers of students in grades K–12 and beyond will learn how to effectively teach their students to

outline and summarize

generate cohesive paragraphs

create stories

produce reports and critiques

develop essays

translate their thoughts and ideas into writing

vary sentence structure

use interesting vocabulary

add literary devices

This includes twelve DVDs:

nine DVDs with instruction on the nine structural models and multiple stylistic techniques (14 hours total viewing time—may be watched all at once, or viewed one disc at a time throughout the school year)

three DVDs of sample Student Workshops at four different grade levels to help you with that first lesson

IMG_6346.jpg

IMG_6347.jpg

IMG_6348.jpg

sid-b_thumb_0.jpg

Hi Angie, I PM'd your response to my wanted, before I saw your post. Yes please to the DVDs! 2540

Nells

1 person likes this

i should clarify, yes to both B and TWSS, ta, Nells.

1 person likes this