• Announcements

• HomeGrownKids

New AussieHomeschool Facebook group   08/03/2018

If you are on Facebook I welcome you to join our FB group. This is NOT to replace this forum, rather just as an addendum... to meet some of the younger generation of homeschool mums who don't use forums. https://www.facebook.com/groups/AussieHomeschool/ See my post here about what is going on.
morialta4me

PLEASE DELETE

9 posts in this topic

Hello everyone,

am trying to sell these for a family in need.

Postage does is not included.

God Bless and thank you!

Joseph

Penny and the Kingdom by the Lake by Winifred Dwyer hb gc 50c.A charming story which children will love, and grown ups should ponder. For it has a spiritual lesson for all of us. It is a delightful book giving a sound teaching through the gnomes and fairies. The author hopes many people read it themselves and their children! 

The Sandman and the Turtles by Michael Morpurgo hb wdj ec $1.Mike can't wait for his summer holiday with his grandad. He enjoys listening to his grandad's stories, although he thinks Polly is silly for saying they are true. But this summer Dadci's stories really do come alive, and Mike has his best summer ever.A lovely, old fashioned and heart warming story. Classic Morpurgo.

Parson on the Track : Bush Brothers in the Australian Outback by Ivan Southall hb ec $5This Is The True Story Of A Courageous Missionary Venture Into The Australian Outback. The heartbreak and sacrificial struggle of mission and outreach to the Australian Outback from the mid-nineteenth to the mid-twentieth century by the Brotherhood of the Good Shepherd is poignantly told in this book. Each biographical vignette focuses on the years that select individuals - gallant, heroic, flawed by different aspects of their own humanity - brought to the stark western plains beyond Bathurst and Dubbo. Their endurance in the face of overwhelming odds, their fleeting moments of joy and long troughs of sorrow is testament to their dedication and faith. Ages 15+

The Land Where Stories End, as narrated by the angel depicted in ‘Madonna con Bambino e de angeli’ by Fiippo Lippi hb ec $2…..Set in Ireland at a time when the Fairyland of the pagan Celt was being supplanted by the Heaven of the Saints, and when the oak-worshipping druids converted, en masse, to Christianity…..A post-modern fable set in Dark Ages Ireland..."A king had a beautiful daughter. She was so beautiful that any man who saw her at once wanted to marry her. Well, the poor king got so fed up with this he locked his daughter in a round tower where an old monastery had once stood. ... In the end the king was forced to proclaim that any man who could open the door would have his daughter's hand in marriage and become heir to the throne. Such was the king's wealth and the reputation of his daughter's beauty that just about every man in the entire kingdom wanted to try. It wasn't long before the keyhole was damaged by people shoving things into it that didn't really belong there". Ages 12+

A Ridiculous Idea by Elizabeth Wilton hb gc $5

((Picture Book) Nico’s Octopus by Caroline Pitcher & Nilesh Mistry pb gc $1

(Picture Book) Once Upon a Time by Niki Daly pb gc$1.

Usborne The Great Castle Search by Jane Bingham pb *AS NEW* $3

Usborne First Nature Flowers by Rosamund Kidman Cox pb gc $1.

Usborne First Nature Trees by Ruth Thomson pb gc $1..

Looking After Insects (and other small creatures) by Helen Haywood hb gc $1

The Undercover Secret by Colin Thiele pb ec $3.

The Prairie Thief by Melissa Wiley hb wdj *NEW* $8

My Story :  Factory Girl : A Victorian Match Girl London, 1888 by Pamela Oldfield pb gc $3

Come Danger, Come Darkness by Ruth Park hb wdj ec $5

Sharing Nature with Children by Joseph Cornell pb ec $2

The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omarthian (Prayer & Study Guide) pb ec $1.

Early Childhood Education - Creative Learning Activities by Barbara Day pb (big volume) gc $1….V

A Fortunate Grandchild by Miss Read hb wdj ec $4

Footsteps : The Romans includes Activities; Crafts; History by Sally Hewitt hb gc 50c

Horrible Histories The Awesome Egyptians Activity Book by Terry Dear & Martin Brown pb *NEW* $2

Well-Loved Tales from Shakespeare by Bernard Miles illustrated by Victor Ambrus hb wdj $4……

Lots More Tell Me Why by Arkady Leokum hb wdj gc $1..Answers to hundreds of questions children ask….The sections cover a wide range of interesting subjects- physics, geology, biology, archaeology, history, music, painting, architecture, politics, medicine, technology, psychology, the animal kingdom, and astronomy - among many others…… we own the whole se of Tell me why? As mum used and continues to use these for us to absorb general knowledge. They are great as interest starters to pursue topics we would not otherwise have known or heard about….Yes they are published in the late 70’s and 80’s but some of the topics that may have new revenant info become great discussions around the table, plus researchers are created that need and desire to know more……my personal opinion is that these thick volumes are a wonderful asset to any homeschool family….for mums who often are tending babies, toddlers, are unwell etc… these make up a whole curricular for your Childs reading!!! All ages well and simply written.

Further Adventures of a Wide-Eyed Young Australia Digit Dick on The Barrier Reef by Leslie Rees (vintage 1940’s.)……hb gc $4

The Step-by-Step Art Series OILS by Ian Sidaway hb wdj ec $2This practical guide is an ideal introduction for beginners, as well as including exercises and projects to challenge more experienced artists. The introduction details the materials and equipment necessary before demonstrating key techniques and glazing with oils.  Step-by-step photographs guide you through every stage, enabling you to paint with confidence.Discover the pleasures and practicalities of painting with this fully-illustrated artist's manual. A how-to introduction to all aspects of painting with oils, from beginners to intermediates, with full technical instruction. 

Hi,

May I add these to my pile please?

Thank you

My Grandfather’s War by Glyn Harper & Jenny Cooper hb *AS NEW* $2….

Felicity Dances : A Children’s Tale about the Ballet by Arnold L. Haskell

Our Australian Girl : Marly’s Business 1983 by Alice Pung pb gc $3

In Between Miya by Yoshiko Uchida hb wdj gc $2

Moses the Kitten by James Herriot pb gc $2

Sally

The Case of the Missing Cutthroats :An Ecological Mystery by Jean Craighead George hb wdj ec $4…

Three Legions : Three Masterly novels of Roman Britain by Rosemary Sutcliff (includes The Eagle of the Ninth; The Sliver Branch; Lantern Bearers pb ec $10…

The Fisher Boy by Lavinia Derwent hb ec 50c

Could I please get these?

Blessings...

Kat :)

18 hours ago, morialta4me said:

Enid Blyton’s Nature Lover’s Book of Animals and Nature Tales pb gc $4…

May I please purchase this one ?

Thank you :)

Hello Mums am sending you all a PM 

Thank you so much for your support!

God Bless

Joseph

Hello Mrs KyraN

just a gentle reminder if you could settle your book purchase.

thank you

God bless

Joseph

Can I get a postage costing on these books to 0810 please:

The Forbidden Garden by Rita Coatts hb wdj  (vintage book 1948) $2….A mystery story which holds the reader’s attention throughout. Madge Carlton, the daughter of two stars of the cinema, is plunged into a backwater of English life, and finds on the estate of her severe guardian aunt a walled garden she is not allowed to enter. Other children come to live on the adjoining property; and at once begins a series of adventures which prove to Madge that truth can be as thrilling as the film screen. 

The Undercover Secret by Colin Thiele pb ec $3….It was during the Depression of the 1930s- (in Australia) Jenny’s father was out of work and times were hard for everyone she knew, but in her private world by the river Jenny felt safe and secure. Jenny Cox loved the river which flowed past her suburban home. often she sat on the bank, dangling her feet in the water, sometimes meeting her old friend and neighbour, Swampy Marshman, and his friends-the enigmatic trio, Hoppy, Fatso and Slim.

Come Danger, Come Darkness by Ruth Park hb wdj ec $5….Norfolk Island is still a penal colony when Otter and Paddy Paul Cannon are sent there to live with their uncle. Otter discovers an old family retainer is a prisoner there and plans to help him escape. Ruth Park was born in Auckland, New Zealand in 1922. After moving to Australia in 1942 she married the writer D'Arcy Niland. After their marriage the Nilands travelled through the outback of Australia for a time before settling in Surry Hills in Sydney where they earned a living writing full-time. After Niland died in 1967, Ruth Park visited London before moving to Norfolk Island from 1973 to 1985, where this story is set. Told with conviction which comes from daily research into the day to day life on the island, this story is a picturesque adventure which takes a the reader directly into the past to become totally involved with the characters that unfold….

Sharing Nature with Children by Joseph Cornell pb ec $2…..When Joseph Cornell's classic book reached its 20th anniversary, Cornell drew upon a wealth of experience in nature education to significantly revise and expand his book. New nature games--favourites from the field--and Cornell's typically insightful commentary make the second edition of this special classic even more valuable to nature lovers world-wide. The Sharing Nature movement that Cornell pioneered has now expanded to countries all over the globe. This book is filled with great ideas on giving children memorable experiences in Nature.

The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omarthian (Prayer & Study Guide) pb ec $1….Stormie knows the power of praying for children from long personal experience, having spent over twenty years raising her own with her husband Michael.  This inspirational companion prayer and study guide. Parents can discover and apply the author's effective method of prayer with this guide to praying through every age and stage of their children's lives.

On 9/28/2018 at 2:55 PM, morialta4me said:

Hello Mrs KyraN

just a gentle reminder if you could settle your book purchase.

thank you

God bless

Joseph

Hi Joseph...we still have not received the book. We paid 12 days ago. I sent you a pm on that day. Thanks.