• Announcements

• HomeGrownKids

AussieHomeschool Closing Down   11/14/2019

All good things must come to an end and AussieHomeschool is no different. It is with much sadness yet even more necessity that this must be so.   As of Sunday evening, 17/11/2019 the Discussion Forums will close. The Classifieds, for now although not indeterminate, will continue as is.       Why is this happening now? In all honesty, it probably should have happened many years ago but I created this forum, which originally a homeschool classifieds forum for Aussies, about 20 years or so ago. I, along with others for whom I am gratefully indebted to, have spent many, many hours sweating, laughing, praying, crying, writing, apologising, pleading and speaking about this wonderful place. In this day and age of Social Media, along with our ages and therefore differernt stages of life, it is simply not viable in any way for it to continue. You may think differently and that's okay - you honestly have to have lived through some of the dramas and learning opportunities that we all have to truly appreciate why we have the standards that we do - they were borne out of necessity and not undertaken lightly. Much blood, sweat and tears have been spilt over this place. Even more friendships, learning, debate, love, prayer and great times have been had becuase of AussieHomeschool. No one could ever be more thankful for it than I.

I understand you may feel frustration or even anger and for that I apologise, I feel you. But now it is YOUR time to go out and spread the word of home education and its benefits. Share YOUR story, tell those you know and don't know about homeschooling and what is has done for your family.   On behalf of John (my long suffering and patient husband), myself and the ENTIRE moderating team over the many years - I THANK YOU and WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST IN ALL YOUR ENDEAVOURS.   God Bless, Susan (HomeGrownKids /  AussieHomeschool)
morialta4me

PLEASE DELETE

4 posts in this topic

Hello  everyone,

am taking photos of new books in the next 10 or so emails!!! (if you would like to view the books, will need your email as I can't seem to download them here!)

These books are being advertised through two other sites, so please if you would like the books please let me know ASAP!

God bless to all mums for the support and kindness extended to The Redes Family and especially to Grace.

Thank you again,

Teresa

The Gift by Doreen Roberts hb gc (picture book) $4..

Atuk A Story by Mischa Damjan pb ec( picture book) $4... 

Spray by Robert J. Blake hbwdj ec  (picture book) $6..

A Little Salmon for Witness A Story from Trinidad by Vashanti Rahaman hb wdj ec (picture book)  $6.

True Heart by Marisa Moss hb wdj ec (picture book)  $6..

Hercules The Man, the Myth, the Hero by Kathryn Lasky hb wdj ec  (Picture book) $6

Grandfather Cherry-Blossom by Eiho Hirezaki hb wdj ec (picture book)  $5

Children of the Shipwreck Coast by Sandra Feldman hb ec LONG picture book)  $8

Tinka and His Friends by Brownie Downing and John Mansfield hb wdj gc (long picture book)  $8

Wolf Island by Celia Godkin hb wdj gc (picture book)  $4.

Grizzly Bear by Berniece Freschet hb gc (picture book)  $3....This beautiful story, narrates the first year of a pair of grizzly cubs in the mountain country of Montana. All ages.

Animals Lives The Otter illustrated by Bert Kitchen hb wdj ec( picture book)  $5

Highland Bumble by Magdalen Eldon hb (vintage children's book) $5..

Birds, Beasts And The Third Thing poems by D.H. Lawrence for children illustrated by Alice and Martin Provensen hb wdj ec (picture book) $5....Beautifully and profusely illustrated with the art of Alice & Martin Provensen which “gracefully combines Lawrence's poetry with richly detailed paintings of the poet's childhood. Through Eastwood, the coal mining town of Lawrence's youth, through moods ranging from solitude to joy, and through landscapes as diverse as a field and a drawing room, the art and poetry are woven into a tapestry of childhood's emotions and visions.” Age 7++

Fireside Stories Tales for a Winter Eve by Caitlin Matthews and Helen Cann hb wdj *as new* (would make a lovely gift- long picture book) $8.....A collection of eight traditional tales associated with a variety of winter celebrations from Scottish, Russian, Inuit, Austrian, Czech, and Jewish lore. Settle back while you listen to these wonderful wintry tales. Drawn from countries and cultures all around the world, these stories express the magnificent and unique aspects of the season. A perfect book to read around the fireplace with children and adults who love stories from around the world. A collection of winter stories with beautiful illustrations by Helen Cann. Makes the winter a little warmer. If you don't have a fireplace, still works to warm up your insides.

Wilma Unlimited How Wilma Rudolph Became the World's Fastest Woman by Kathleen Krull pb ec (picture book)$10.

Drawing From Nature by Jim Arnosky pg ec $10.

Unicorns! Unicorns! by Geraldine McCaughrean hb wdj ec (picture book)  $5....."Unicorns! Unicorns!"  Noah calls.  "Come aboard!  The flood is coming!" The tarantulas terrapins and tortoises and all the other animals hear Noah's voice but what is keeping the Unicorns?  Will they come in time?  Or will the world lose for ever the most fabulous beasts? The rich and detailed illustrations by Sophie Windham match all the magic and drama of this variation of an age-old story, beautifully told by a prize-winning author. how the unicorns galloped to reach the Ark but along the way they came upon other late-comers struggling to reach Noah and even though time was running out they stopped and helped each animal board the Ark and did not make it themselves ...Ages 8-12

The Little Humpbacked Horse by P. Yershov hb (vintage book for children) $20...A Russian tale of a little horse, with excellent illustrations. Heroic and faithful Vanya, with the aid of his magical horse, defeats the cunning and malicious Tsar to win the be autiful Tsar-Maid as his bride. An interesting bit of Russian pro-worker storytelling! Beautiful color illustrated covers and full page colour illustrations. Ages 9-14

A Song for Gar by Jean Merrilland Ronni Solbert hb ec (picture book)  $4...Early chapter book. The Marvell family all loved to sing mountain songs except the youngest Absolom. He like to make up his own songs and sing them to his pet racoon. The oldest boy in the family was entering a contest and the whole family was fighting over what he should sing...but one day he overhears his little brother singing and decides that his song would be perfect for the contest. Includes music scores. Ages 7-10

Letters Home To Mother from Gallipoli and Beyond edited by Doug & Margot Anthony hb wdj *as new* would make a lovely gift! $20....A Globite suitcase, a diary, and a bundled pile of postcards and letters left abandoned in a barn. Lying unknown to his family, here was the life of a young man of humble beginnings who left home at fourteen to become a telegraph boy, only later to experience the horrors of Gallipoli day by day, day after day, and establish one of Australia's great political families. Sapper Hubert Anthony was seventeen when he enlisted in the Australian Imperial Force in October 1914. He wrote deeply affectionate letters home to his mother in outback New South Wales. They show the thoughts of a young man encountering the world for the first time, provide great insights into the relationship between a son and his mother, and tell of a long-gone period in Australia's rural history.
 But these letters offer more. They give a fleeting picture of Honora McNab, a young girl who escaped the famine in Ireland for service in outback Queensland, a woman who endured the loneliness and hardship of bush life and a mother who instilled in her children a curiosity and deep eagerness to learn. Letters Home is a rich and intimate portrait of a different time, the sadness of war and the enduring nature of family.

The Lessons of St. Francis How to Bring Simplicity and Spirituality into your Daily Life by John Michael Talbot hb wdj *as new* would be a great Advent read or a gift $10....The life of St. Francis of Assisi was a paradigm of simplicity, humanity, and love. In today's busy world, his practices have enormous appeal, described in this inspiring work by John Michael Talbot, the founder of The Brothers and Sisters of Charity, a lay order based on the Franciscan principles of simplicity and self-sufficiency. In The Lessons Of St. Francis, Talbot and co-author Steve Rabey demonstrate the enduring significance of Franciscan wisdom. Organized by topic, such as Simplicity, Humility, Compassion, Solitude, Service, and Prayer, each chapter includes excerpts from the writings of St. Francis, as well as those of his followers and biographers. Combining deep spiritual insights with the offer of a saner, less chaotic way of living, The Lessons Of St. Francis offers wise advice on how to incorporate these virtues into our own lives today.  The book is very informative helping one to apply aspects of St. Francis life an practice into ones daily life. This book is not just for those called to live in far off places, but practical for just about every walk of life!

The Adventures of Tin-Tin The Crab With The Golden Claw by Herge $1...

The Adventures of Tin-Tin The Cigars of The  Pharaoh by Here $1...

The Young Persons Guide to the Orchestra by Anita Ganeri hb wdj CD is missing but the owner used the quitted tracks and found them on iTunes or Youtube....ec $6.....

Encyclopedia Brown Series Secret Agents Four by Donald J. Sobol pb ec $4

The Secret of Childhood by Maria Montessori hb wdj gc $10....

Just the 10 of Us by Margaret Rohan Kelly pb ec $6....A biography of Margaret Rohan Kelly who became The Miss Australia in 1967 and her life before, during and after. Tells of being a wife and mother to eight children and the journey she went on of self discovery.  Fascinating woman and inspirational.encouraging parenting/family book.

May I also have these pls thank you.

Hercules The Man, the Myth, the Hero by Kathryn Lasky hb wdj ec  (Picture book) $6...

Children of the Shipwreck Coast by Sandra Feldman hb ec LONG picture book)  $8....

Tinka and His Friends by Brownie Downing and John Mansfield hb wdj gc (long picture book)  $8....

Wolf Island by Celia Godkin hb wdj gc (picture book)  $4.....

Hello,

A new pile for Nell please:

Wilma

Bumble 

Thanks!

Can I please have these added to my other lists? Thanks

The Gift by Doreen Roberts

Atuk A Story

Spray

A Little Salmon for Witness A Story from Trinidad

True Heart by Marisa Moss 

Grandfather Cherry-Blossom