• Announcements

• HomeGrownKids

AussieHomeschool Closing Down   11/14/2019

All good things must come to an end and AussieHomeschool is no different. It is with much sadness yet even more necessity that this must be so.   As of Sunday evening, 17/11/2019 the Discussion Forums will close. The Classifieds, for now although not indeterminate, will continue as is.       Why is this happening now? In all honesty, it probably should have happened many years ago but I created this forum, which originally a homeschool classifieds forum for Aussies, about 20 years or so ago. I, along with others for whom I am gratefully indebted to, have spent many, many hours sweating, laughing, praying, crying, writing, apologising, pleading and speaking about this wonderful place. In this day and age of Social Media, along with our ages and therefore differernt stages of life, it is simply not viable in any way for it to continue. You may think differently and that's okay - you honestly have to have lived through some of the dramas and learning opportunities that we all have to truly appreciate why we have the standards that we do - they were borne out of necessity and not undertaken lightly. Much blood, sweat and tears have been spilt over this place. Even more friendships, learning, debate, love, prayer and great times have been had becuase of AussieHomeschool. No one could ever be more thankful for it than I.

I understand you may feel frustration or even anger and for that I apologise, I feel you. But now it is YOUR time to go out and spread the word of home education and its benefits. Share YOUR story, tell those you know and don't know about homeschooling and what is has done for your family.   On behalf of John (my long suffering and patient husband), myself and the ENTIRE moderating team over the many years - I THANK YOU and WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST IN ALL YOUR ENDEAVOURS.   God Bless, Susan (HomeGrownKids /  AussieHomeschool)
  • ×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Similar Content

• Leesah
      By Leesah
      Well, it's been A LOT of years since i've been on this board but i'm still homeschooling our tribe and ultimately coming full circle ;o)

If anyone has LLATL Purple Student book and/or Mister Popper's Penguins, I would be very interested to purchase them. 

Many thanks!
      Leesa
    • bev
      By bev
      I have lots of books for sale after finishing 20+ years of homeschooling a few years ago.  Prices DO NOT include postage (which is to be paid by the buyer).   The condition of each book is in bold.  (E= Excellent, VG = Very Good, G = Good, F= Fair, P= Poor, L = Ex Library). 
      Prices are negotiable.  Please PM me if you are interested in any of these books or would like more information. 
      Regards, Bev

AUSTRALIAN HISTORY
      Australia from Empire to Asia. Sources in Twentieth-Century Australian History  ed. By P West and A Dwight. (1980) (Good for easy access to first hand documents which are printed in the book)  $2  VG

Ned Kelly by Frank Clune  (Adapted 1977)  $1    VG     

Seeing History 3. Australia: Colonies to Commonwealth, 1850 – 1900. by K M Adams (1971)  $3         VG

Seeing History 4. Twentieth Century Australia, 1900 – 1960. by K M Adams (1972)   $3         VG,L

BIOGRAPHY
      Great Lives. Great Deeds.  Readers Digest (1965)   $2   G
      Heroes of Faith - Amy Carmichael by Sam Wellman(1998) $2   F
      Heroes of Faith - Jim Elliot by Susan M Miller (1996)   $2    F
      Karl Marx. by Nigel Hunter  (1987)   $1    G

GREENLEAF (and support material)

The Greenleaf Guide to Ancient Egypt by Cyndy Shearer (1989)   $8    E

The Greenleaf Guide to Old Testament History by Rob and Cyndy Shearer (1994) $10 E

Time Line. History of the World by Gordon Kerr (2007)   $5   E
      The Timetables of History. A horizontal linkage of people and events by Bernard Grun  (2005) B  $25     E

HISTORY
      Across the Sea by Sheila K McCullagh   
      $1 G
      Civilisation Project Books. Aztecs. North American Indians. Ancient Egypt. Eskimos. by S Purdy and C R Sandak (1982) $5 (for all 4)   F,L

In the Northland by Sheila K McCullagh  $1   G
      Looking at Ancient History by R J Unstead (1973)  $1    L,G
      Paper and Printing. MacDonald first library by Ruth Thomson (1973)  $1  L,G
      The Science and History Project Book  by C Oxlade, R Halstead and S Reid (2004)  $12  E
      The Silk and Spice Routes. Exploration by Sea by Struan Reid (1993)  $1    E,L
      The Usborne Time Traveller Book of Viking Raiders by A Civardi and J Graham-Campbell  $1     E
      Viking Quest  by Tom Henighan $1    G,L

SCIENCE
      Collins Eyewitness Guides. Insect by Laurence Mound (1990)  (A Dorling Kindersly Book) $8  E
      Collins Eyewitness Guides. Weather by Brian Cosgrove. (1991) (A Dorling Kindersly Book)  $10  E
      GCE 'O' level. Physics Matters by C Chew and C S Foong (2000) (This physics text book comes from the Singapore Maths group) Use for yr 10-12 $16   VG
      The Earth. A Dorling Kindersly Picturepedia Book (2000)  $5   E
      Science and Technology by John Farndon (2000)  $2     E
      Science Now Books 1-4 (Grades 7-10) by Peter Stannard and Ken Williamson (for all 4) $4  VG
      Looking at Weather.  Activities for Kids by David Suzuki (1988)  $2    VG
      The Science and History Project Book  by C Oxlade, R Halstead and S Reid (2004)  $12  E
      Smithsonian Anatomy Lab.  Human Body  $5    E
      Australian Genius. 50 Great Ideas by Vivienne Ence (1988)l  $1   VG

GEOGRAPHY
      Key Skills in Geography 2nd ed. by Chris Bonnor and Brian Ralph (1992)  $1  VG

LANGUAGE ARTS
      Basic Skills Reading/Comprehension level 2 Years 3-4 by Peter Howard (1990)  $1 G
      Basic Skills. Grammar and Punctuation level 1 Years 3-4 by Peter Howard (1996) Some writing in the first few pages.  $1   F
      Basic Skills. Grammar and Punctuation level 2 Years 5-8 by Peter Howard (1995) $1 G
      English Skills Builder Book 2. Grammar and Language Revision and Exercises by M Manning and M McKenzie (2000)   $1    G

LLATL (Learning Language Arts Through Literature)
      LLATL Green Teacher Book (1998)  $4   P
      LLATL Grey Workbook with Teacher book (1998)   $12    G

OTHER
      For the Children’s Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay (1984)  $1   F
      More Charlotte Mason Education by Catherine Levison  2000)  Many highlights and notes in the margin   $2       F                                               
      Return of the Indian by Lynne Reid Banks (1986)  $1   F
      The Swiss Family Robinson by Johann Wyss (Priory Classics)   $3   E
    • Mum06
      By Mum06
      ABEKA
      World literature 4th edition teacher edition ONLY ... NOT A FULL SET  $20 + postage
      American Literature 3rd edition text book, test and quiz key NO TEST BOOK I typed up the test from the test key ... NOT A FULL SET  $30 + postage
      English Literature 3rd edition text book, teacher guide, test/quizzes and the test/quizzes key. FULL SET  $40 + postage
      GRAMMAR & COMPOSITION WITH VOCABULARY & SPELLING.       $150 + postage 
      The Grammar and Composition for years 10, 11 & 12 along with Vocabulary and Spelling for year 10 & 11 is to be sold as a set tho there is 1 workbook missing as it comes with the handbook required for the Grammar & Composition. The missing book is around $45 + postage
      Vocabulary and spelling poetry IV - YR 10 - Includes Workbook, teacher key, quizzes test book & answer key.
      Vocabulary and spelling poetry V - YR 11 - Includes Workbook, teacher key, quizzes test book & answer key.
      Grammar & Composition IV - YR 10 - Includes the teacher key for work book, quizzes/test book & quizzes/test key. NO WORKBOOK 
      Grammar & Composition V - YR 11 - Includes the student workbook, the teacher key for work book, quizzes/test book & quizzes/test key.
      Grammar & Composition VI - YR 12 - Includes the student workbook, the teacher key for work book, quizzes/test book & quizzes/test key.

LLATL  VGC    $10 each + postage 
      THe Orange teacher book
      The Purple  student book
      The Green teacher book 

OXFORD ENGLISH  -  $10 each + postage 
      Oxford Big Ideas Yr 8
      Oxford Big Ideas Yr 9
    • acullen
      By acullen
      Decluttering - selling as didn't end up using
      1. SOLD. Life of Fred - Elementary series. All 10 books for sale (from Apples to Jellybeans), prefer to sell as a set. Read first 2, but didn't suit our learning style. As new condition. They weigh in at just under 5 kg, unsure of postage but will work out cheapest option. $20 each
      2. LLATL Blue - Teacher, student workbook, all readers, cards, etc included. Good condition. Asking $60 plus postage.
      3. 6x Seuss Readers - a) The Bippolo Seed and Other Lost Stories, b) The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, c) The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, d) Please Try to Remember the First of Octember, e) And to Think I Saw it on Mulberry Street, f) The Sneetches and other Stories.  $2 each plus postage.
      4. 4x Milly Molly Mandy books - a) More of Milly-Molly-Mandy, b) Milly-Molly-Mandy Again, c) Milly-Molly-Mandy Stories, d) More Milly-Molly-Mandy.  $2 each plus postage.
      5. Two Summers (John Heffernan) and A Year on Our Farm (Penny Matthews).   $2 each plus postage.
      I will endeavour to work out the cheapest option of postage.
      Thank you.

• Kangocate
      By Kangocate
      LLATL blue book set
      I have the complete set :
      As new student activity book;
      Spare partly used student activity book;
      Well used blue book( for teacher);
      Materials pack, partly used.
      all Readers.
      $50 + postage