AussieHomeschool Closing Down 11/14/2019All good things must come to an end and AussieHomeschool is no different. It is with much sadness yet even more necessity that this must be so. As of Sunday evening, 17/11/2019 the Discussion Forums will close. The Classifieds, for now although not indeterminate, will continue as is. Why is this happening now? In all honesty, it probably should have happened many years ago but I created this forum, which originally a homeschool classifieds forum for Aussies, about 20 years or so ago. I, along with others for whom I am gratefully indebted to, have spent many, many hours sweating, laughing, praying, crying, writing, apologising, pleading and speaking about this wonderful place. In this day and age of Social Media, along with our ages and therefore differernt stages of life, it is simply not viable in any way for it to continue. You may think differently and that's okay - you honestly have to have lived through some of the dramas and learning opportunities that we all have to truly appreciate why we have the standards that we do - they were borne out of necessity and not undertaken lightly. Much blood, sweat and tears have been spilt over this place. Even more friendships, learning, debate, love, prayer and great times have been had becuase of AussieHomeschool. No one could ever be more thankful for it than I.
I understand you may feel frustration or even anger and for that I apologise, I feel you. But now it is YOUR time to go out and spread the word of home education and its benefits. Share YOUR story, tell those you know and don't know about homeschooling and what is has done for your family. On behalf of John (my long suffering and patient husband), myself and the ENTIRE moderating team over the many years - I THANK YOU and WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST IN ALL YOUR ENDEAVOURS. God Bless, Susan (HomeGrownKids / AussieHomeschool)
5 posts in this topic
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now
Hi, I am looking to purchase any Life of Fred books. I have listed below WHAT I ALREADY OWN.
Kind regards, Kim
Life of Fred:
Apples, butterflies, cats, dogs, edgewood, farming, goldfish, honey, icecream, jelly beans.
Pre Algebra with Biology
Language Arts- Australia
I will update this list as I gain more books, thank you very much
I am hoping to clear my shelves of a few extras. Make an offer plus postage.
Cornstalks - A Bushel of Poems
Sing the Word-God our Provider (cd)
Sing the Word - The Heavens Declare(cd)
Markable world map
Book of Time -(about 4-5 pictures stuck in and some written notes), happy to go free if you are interested
Book A (colored picture on inside of cover, no workpages marked)
Life of Fred:
Heroes of the Faith-Through Flood and Flame - Adventures and Perils of Protestant Heroes
Second Childhood by Morris Gleitzman (well worn)
The Vikings by Else Roesdahl
Medicine - Collins Eyewitness Science
Sagas of the Norsemen - Viking & German Myths
To Train Up a Child by Michael & Debi Pearl
No Greater Joy Vol 1 by Michael & Debi Pearl
Decluttering - selling as didn't end up using
1. SOLD. Life of Fred - Elementary series. All 10 books for sale (from Apples to Jellybeans), prefer to sell as a set. Read first 2, but didn't suit our learning style. As new condition. They weigh in at just under 5 kg, unsure of postage but will work out cheapest option. $20 each
2. LLATL Blue - Teacher, student workbook, all readers, cards, etc included. Good condition. Asking $60 plus postage.
3. 6x Seuss Readers - a) The Bippolo Seed and Other Lost Stories, b) The Cat in the Hat Comes Back, c) The 500 Hats of Bartholomew Cubbins, d) Please Try to Remember the First of Octember, e) And to Think I Saw it on Mulberry Street, f) The Sneetches and other Stories. $2 each plus postage.
4. 4x Milly Molly Mandy books - a) More of Milly-Molly-Mandy, b) Milly-Molly-Mandy Again, c) Milly-Molly-Mandy Stories, d) More Milly-Molly-Mandy. $2 each plus postage.
5. Two Summers (John Heffernan) and A Year on Our Farm (Penny Matthews). $2 each plus postage.
I will endeavour to work out the cheapest option of postage.