• Announcements

• HomeGrownKids

AussieHomeschool Closing Down   11/14/2019

All good things must come to an end and AussieHomeschool is no different. It is with much sadness yet even more necessity that this must be so.   As of Sunday evening, 17/11/2019 the Discussion Forums will close. The Classifieds, for now although not indeterminate, will continue as is.       Why is this happening now? In all honesty, it probably should have happened many years ago but I created this forum, which originally a homeschool classifieds forum for Aussies, about 20 years or so ago. I, along with others for whom I am gratefully indebted to, have spent many, many hours sweating, laughing, praying, crying, writing, apologising, pleading and speaking about this wonderful place. In this day and age of Social Media, along with our ages and therefore differernt stages of life, it is simply not viable in any way for it to continue. You may think differently and that's okay - you honestly have to have lived through some of the dramas and learning opportunities that we all have to truly appreciate why we have the standards that we do - they were borne out of necessity and not undertaken lightly. Much blood, sweat and tears have been spilt over this place. Even more friendships, learning, debate, love, prayer and great times have been had becuase of AussieHomeschool. No one could ever be more thankful for it than I.

I understand you may feel frustration or even anger and for that I apologise, I feel you. But now it is YOUR time to go out and spread the word of home education and its benefits. Share YOUR story, tell those you know and don't know about homeschooling and what is has done for your family.   On behalf of John (my long suffering and patient husband), myself and the ENTIRE moderating team over the many years - I THANK YOU and WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST IN ALL YOUR ENDEAVOURS.   God Bless, Susan (HomeGrownKids /  AussieHomeschool)
morialta4me

PLEASE DELETE

1 post in this topic

Hi everyone, am selling these for a friend, prices do not include postage cost. 

Thank you for looking,

God bless

Teresa

The Young Milton by Mary Hobbs hb wdj exc copy $8… One of many juvenile biographies, in a series about famous people in history when they were young and growing up. This book focuses on the early life of the great English poet. Here is a photo of this book:  

https://www.amazon.sg/Young-Milton-Mary-Hobbs/dp/0356024113

Moonfleet by J. Meade Falkner pb gc $4…"Moonfleet" (1898) begins as a mystery and an adventure story, a tale of smuggling set among the cliffs, caves, and downs of Dorset. What will be the outcome of the conflict between smugglers and revenue men? How can the hero, John Trenchard, discover the secret of Colonel John Mohune's treasure? 

As the book progresses these two interwoven themes resolve themselves into a third and richer one, with the friendship and suffering of both John Trenchard and the craggy, taciturn Elzevir Block. Falkner's feeling for history and for the landscape of his Dorset setting combine with his gift for storytelling to turn Moonfleet into a historical romance of moving intensity.  An exciting tale of smugglers and treasure. As wonderful as Treasure Island!

The Potato King and other Folk Tales by Wilhelm Matthiessen hb wdj exc copy $5…..Translated from the German by Kathleen Shaw. A collection of fourteen folk tales by German children's writer Wilhelm Matthiessen (1861-1965). 

Photo of this book: https://www.abebooks.com/Potato-King-Folk-Tales-Matthiessen-Wilhelm/7344668364/bd

Tales for the Telling Irish Folk & Fairy Stories by Edna O’Brien and illustrated by Michael Foreman hb wdj exc copy $5….Rediscover the timeless tales of children's literature in this beautifully designed series. Exquisitely illustrated and published, these are a must for every child's bookshelf.These 12 enchanting stories of ancient magic, daring deeds, dashing heroes, and mythical creatures sparkle with wit, nonsense, and naughtiness. Tales for the Telling features traditional Irish folk and fairy tales. In "Two Giants," Irish giant Finn, no longer in the first flush of youth, is challenged to do battle against Scottish giant McConigle, who aims to take over Finn’s territory. The titanic clash is averted when Finn’s clever wife, Oonagh manages to fool McConigle into thinking that Finn is twice the size he really is, and three times as strong. McConigle then has second thoughts about tackling Finn. This story illustrates the way that O’Brien’s retelling of tales from her native land will delight and enthral the whole family either as bed-time reading or as a rainy day treat.

The Children’s Crusade by Henry Greece pb exc copy $6… The story follows the adventures of Geoffrey and Alys de Villacours, who in 1212 set out on a great crusade of children, bent on making their way to the Holy Land to free Jerusalem. The marching column of children got as far as Marseilles on their own, but were then tricked onto the ships of unscrupulous traders who sold them into slavery. Geoffrey and Alys were separated on that voyage, but both became the slaves of the Governor of Egypt. The Children's Crusade really happened, and this is a wonderful introduction to the history of the period.The characters are well developed, the description was pretty good, as were the illustrations and even the action sequences were pretty exciting.

My Royal Story A Tudor Girl’s Diary 1525-1536 Anne Boleyn and Me by Alison Prince pb exc copy $5…..This book is one in the My Story series. The books in this series are fictional diaries of young girls living during different periods of British, Scottish, and Irish history. Highly recommend it to readers who are interested in the Tudor era or who enjoy historical fiction in diary form.

My Story A second World War Soldier 1942-1943 Desert Danger by Jim Eldridge pb exc copy $5…..This was a wonderful book that really showed what the war was like on the front line. It was well laid out and everything was clearly explained so it's a perfect book for children who want and easy nice way to learn.

My Story An Egyptian Boy Giza 2517 BC Pyramid of Secrets by Jim Eldridge pb exc copy $5…Exciting historical fiction set in Ancient Egypt!

It's 2517 BC and Pharaoh Khafre is building a great pyramid at Giza to rival those built by his predecessors. He is also making plans for what will become one of the most famous and iconic monuments in history — the Sphinx.

But Khafre has enemies and division in his workforce. Among the labourers in his employ is one 12-year-old boy — Nebka. Nebka has his own reasons for hating the pyramids and wanting to rebel. But his rebellion could have drastic consequences for those closest to him.

Mary Queen of Scots by Emily Hahn (Landmark Books) hb wdj exc copy $10…..In an expository rather than narrative style, the facts and issues in Mary's life are projected against an illumined background of the 17th century. Through the years of monarchical intrigue, religious controversy, national and personal growing pains--for Mary's own personality and affections are well scrutinised-- the network of her tragedies is revealed.

Hitler’s Daughter by Jackie French pb exc copy $6…Did Hitler's daughter, Heidi, really exist? - What if she did?

The bombs were falling and the smoke rising from the concentration camps, but all Hitler's daughter knew was the world of lessons with Fraulein Gelber and the hedgehogs she rescued from the cold. Was it just a story or did Hitler's daughter really exist? And i you were Hitler's daughter, would all the horror that occurred be your fault, too? Ages 13-15

My Story Victorian Workhouse the Diary of Edith Lorrimer, England 1871 by Pamela Oldfield pb exc copy $5…..The diary of Edith Lorrimer, England 1871 I was shown the laundry - a vast noisy sunless room full of steam and the sharp smell of soapsuds. I counted seven women slaving over the large tubs where the clothes are washed, their reddened faces shiny with sweat even in this weather...Condensation ran down the windows and pooled on the floor. Heavy wooden racks are pulled up and down from the high ceiling and the sheets and clothes are draped over them and hoisted up to the ceiling from where they drip on the unfortunates toiling beneath. No doubt Rosie takes her turn in here. Just to think of it filled my eyes with tears. What a terrible existence. Edith Lorrimer is the sheltered daughter of a wealthy widow who is on the Board of Governors at a workhouse for the destitute. This was written as a children's educational guide to workhouse conditions in 19th Century. As well as being informative it tells a good story which I found very engaging. 

The Little Bookroom by Eleanor Farjeon illustrated by Edward Ardizzone pb exc copy $8…. A girl sits in a dusty room, crammed to the rafters with books. Sunlight dances on the covers, between which are stories of magical worlds and faraway places, lands of princesses, kings, giants, and real children too. Eleanor Farjeon was that girl, who was so enchanted by her little bookroom that she recreated it by writing this wonderful collection of short stories.This charming book was the winner of the prestigious Carnegie Medal and is beautifully illustrated throughout by Edward Ardizzone, whose exquisite pictures immediately bring to mind the magical atmosphere of the stories. The Little Bookroom is beautiful compilation of fairy tales.This would make a great read aloud, a fun read for a child ages 0-80.If you want to be inspired or inspire someone else, this book is one of the most wonderful treasures you will ever be  so lucky to come across. Needless to say,  highly recommended. 

Mrs Flannagan’s Trumpet by Catherine Cookson pb gc $8….While staying with his grandparents on the eastern coast of England in 1890, 16-year-old Eddie finds himself allied with his rather prickly and reputedly deaf grandmother in the struggle to free his sister and the household maid from a band of white slavers.

There were plenty of shocks in store for young Eddie Morley when he and his sister went to stay at Old Granny Flannagan’s. He is very quickly caught up in some very strange happenings indeed. When Eddie’s grandfather suddenly disappears, not only does he and Granny Flannagan learn to understand each other much better, but he is plunged headfirst into an exciting adventure and a desperate attempt to halt an evil trade…

This is an adventure rich with the flavour of life filled with racy, believable characters and set in a recognisable world of hard work, danger, bravado and cool courage.

It’s True! Women Were Warriors by Carol Jones pb exc copy $4….This work is a series of eye-opening profiles and stories about women as warriors, from a Roman empress to an Irish pirate, from a woman samurai to a Russian fighter pilot in World War II. 

Mio’s kingdom by Astrid Lindgren pb exc copy $5… From the world famous creator of Pippi Longstocking comes this touching magical adventure about an unhappy little boy who meets a genie and is transported from the misery of his life to Farawayland. Once Karl Anders, an unwanted foster child, in Faraway-land he becomes Mio, the son of a king with a vital role to play in defeating the evil Sir Kato who is terrorising the land. Mio tells his own story capturing the excitement of the adventure and the enchantment and wonder of the make-believe.

Originally published in Swedish in 1954, Astrid Lindgren's tale of Mio became a worldwide children's classic. 

The Children of Primrose Lane by Noel Streatfeild hb gc copy $7….This is one of Noel Streatfeild's earlier books, written during the Blitz years of World War II. It features six children, aged 9-14, who live in council houses in a short lane. There's a fourth house in the lane which is unoccupied, and which they use as a den... until one day a stranger arrives and takes refuge there. The children, well-versed in war safety, think he's probably a German spy, but because one of them has been rather indiscreet they don't feel able to report him to the authorities. Instead they try to hide him, and then when he escapes there's an exciting chase as they trail him as far as the coast.It's a fascinating piece of social history from children's perspectives. Despite being a dangerous time to live, the children are free to go where they please and do what they like. Their parents don't know they spend much of their time in the unoccupied house, and when they take off in search of the man, a quick phone call seems to be sufficient to reassure their parents. 

Recommended for children of about nine and over who are interested in the war years, or who like an exciting adventure. Also for anyone who likes Noel Streatfeild’s books. Lord this book when mum read it aloud to us….Still have fond memories of it. I have my own copy, which I have read a few times!!! Highly recommended.

It's a book for children, really intended to capture the interest of children in the 1940s…

Saints Kit- All the Saints of The Roman Calendar nd More by Sister Mary Kathleen Glavich and other Sisters of Notre Dame, Chardon BOXED, $60….  

189 Saint Cards featuring inspiring stories of Catholic heroes from 2,000 years each card (each card is bigger than A5) includes: a saint; life story ; picture; feast day; dates of birth and death; year of canonisation; charge of patron ; you will also find suggestions for activities related to the main…..Great to give out a saint a week, project activities, and a presentation at the end of the week to the family! What a wonderful way to introduce saints to the whole family, those known and those never heard of!! These cards come in a boxed well protected and in full colour. The box can easily sit on a shelf ad as I have summarised can be used weekly! Each child (reading age) can present the family with a wealth of faith of Our Church through her saints! Photo here, plus you can look inside :

https://www.amazon.com/Saints-Kit-Roman-Calendar-More/dp/0829408002

The Hidden Years by John Oxenham hb wdj gc OOP  $5… This is a tale of the youth of Christ, from the time he was twelve to the final catastrophe, told by one of his intimate companions. Jesus is depicted from a human point of view. The novel takes a reverent approach in its descriptions of the situations, many of them unusual, in which Jesus figures.

The Easter Story by Brian Wildsmith (picture Book) pb gc $7….

The Children’s Book of Virtues edited by William J. Bennett hb wdj *AS NEW* copy would make a wonderful gift….$20….   

You an Me, Murrawee by Kerri Hasmi hb wdj *AS NEW* $8…We walk this same brown earth – you and me, Murrawee . . . ' In this lyrical, beautifully observed picture book, we see through the eyes of a young girl camping on the river with her family, life as it would have been two hundred years ago. A beautiful children's picture book which tells the stories of two young children 200 years apart on the same waterway. The young aboriginal boy is seen living in the area with his family, hunting, eating, playing; while the young girl is caping in the same area with her family. School study of indigenous families has opened her to see the parallels in their lives.

A beautiful book. Activities using this book: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/You-and-Me-Murrawee-by-Kerri-Hashmi-and-Felicity-Marshall-6-Worksheets-4533646

The New Prophecy Warriors Midnight by Erin Hunter pb gc $4…..Erin Hunter &; #1 nationally bestselling Warriors series continues in Warriors: The New Prophecy! Warriors is a series that is very exciting and adventurous. This book is about how six cats go on a journey to find midnight. The first book in this second series, Warriors: The New Prophecy #1: Midnight, brings more adventure, intrigue, and thrilling battles to the epic world of the warrior Clans.

The wild cats of the forest have lived in peace and harmony for many moons&;but now, strange messages from their warrior ancestors speak of terrifying new prophecies and a mysterious danger.

Brambleclaw, a warrior of ThunderClan, may be the cat with the fate of the forest in his paws. Now he will need all the courage and strength of the greatest warriors to save the Clans.

From That Day To This by Myrtle Rose White hb wdj gc  (1st Edition Australian Classic) $40…..Mrs. White's No Roads Go By and Beyond The Western Rivers have become classics of the Australian Outback.  In From That Day To This she returns to her old bush home at Wonnaminta, and recalls much of her life in the Inland, contrasting conditions in the Outback today with life as she knew it there before the days of radios, planes, and refrigerators.  She talks of many things - from the shearers' sprees, camels, and how to cook emu eggs, to bush cricket and the Flying Doctor Service - and shares with the reader her experiences in the worst floods the arid Inland has ever known. Photo here: https://www.morgansrarebooks.com/products/from-that-day-to-this-by-myrtle-rose-white

Some background of Myrtle Rose White: https://www.southaustralianhistory.com.au/white.htm

The Journey Home by Isabelle Holland pb gc $4…. After their mother dies, Maggie and Annie--two girls in search of a loving family--head west on the orphan train to meet their new family in Kansas City.The Children's AM Society takes a pair of Irish orphans from New York to a new home in rural Kansas. Heeding their dying mother's wish, responsible Maggie (12) and her feisty little sister Annie (7) accept them chance of going to a more wholesome life despite their apprehensions about being separated or forcibly converted to Protestantism. Both concern are well-founded, but the girls are lucky: they're adopted by the Russells, a frail but compassionate woman and her stem but ultimately fair husband. Adjustment isn't easy, however, Maggie must look after Mrs. Russell's tyrannical old mother, while the girls face such other challenges as anti-Irish classmates who deride Maggie's scant previous education, a virulently anti-Catholic minister, and learning to milk. Holland, a prolific author of who won 1972 YA novel, this is a good and enjoyable, undemanding historical fiction…..

https://www.fantasticfiction.com/h/isabelle-holland/journey-home.htm

The Story About Ping by Marjorie Flack pb gc $2…Since 1933, The Story About Ping has captivated generations of readers, but never before has it been available in a mass-market paperback format. No one can deny the appeal of the book's hero, Ping, the spirited little duck who lives on a boat on the Yangtze River. Ping's misadventures one night while exploring the world around his home form the basis of this timeless classic, which is brought to life by Kurt Wiese's warm and poignant illustrations. Used in FIAR

Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle by Betty MacDonald pb exc copy $4….. Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle lives in an upside-down house and smells like cookies. She was even married to a pirate once. Most of all, she knows everything about children. She can cure them of any ailment. Patsy hates baths. Hubert never puts anything away. Allen eats v-e-r-y slowly. Mrs Piggle-Wiggle has a treatment for all of them. The incomparable Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle loves children good or bad and never scolds but has positive cures for Answer-Backers, Never-Want-to-Go-to-Bedders, and other boys and girls with strange habits. Readers enjoying this children’s classic for the first time — whatever their age — are in for a treat; those revisiting after the passage of years will find the book as good as they remember. Wonderful…

Mrs. Piggly-Wiggle’s Farm by Betty MacDonald pb gc $4… Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle's left her upside-down town house and has moved to a farm in the country. With the help of her cows and pigs and horses, she's still curing girls and boys of their bad habits. So whatever the problem-from pet forgetter-itis to fraidycat-ness-the parents all exclaim, "Better call Mrs. Piggle-Wiggle!”

Every child should and adult should discover Betty MacDonald. Super writer. Super stories that an adult can read to a child, or a child can read for themselves.

A Catholic Woman’s Book of Days by Amy Welborn pb *as new* $10…. 

Mom Heart Moments: Daily Devotions for Lifegiving Motherhood by Sally Clarkson pb *NEW* $15…..Beloved author Sally Clarkson shares her heart and wisdom for mothers―and offers hope for each day. A mother living well in her God-ordained role is of great beauty and inestimable value to the future history of any generation. Her impact is irreplaceable and necessary to the spiritual formation of children who will be the adults of the next generation. Fun, comfort, humor, graciousness, spiritual passion, compassion for the lost, hospitality, chores, meals, training, life-giving words, hours and hours of listening and playing and praying and reading―all are parts of the mosaic of soul development.

Spend the year with Mom Heart Moments, the first devotional by beloved author Sally Clarkson, and discover how as a mother you can draw closer to the heart of God. In a world constantly vying for our attention, it can be easy to get caught up in the chaos. Each day of this beautiful devotional offers encouragement and direction to become the mother God has called you to be….Wow! Such a great blessing! Dear Moms and Grandmas across the globe this book is going to really minister to your hearts. 

Girls' Club: Cultivating Lasting Friendship in a Lonely World by Sally Clarkson, Sarah Clarkson and Joy Clarkson pb *AS NEW* $15…Discover the gift of friendship!

In a time when many women feel lonely and isolated, Girls’ Club calls us to embrace the delight and comfort that can be found in life-giving friendships with women― and to cultivate relationships that not only offer emotional affirmation and acceptance, but also inspire, educate, and stretch us to live out our God-given potential.

Told through stories and encouragement based on the authors’ experiences―Sally, a seasoned mother and well beloved author; her daughter Sarah, an Oxford scholar and new mother; and her youngest daughter Joy, a professional young woman pursuing her doctorate―Girls’ Club will speak to the importance of cultivating deep and lasting friendship at every stage in life. Join Sally, Sarah, and Joy as they explore the power, difficulties, potential, beauty, and satisfaction of friendships that help us live purposeful, Godly lives and that satisfy our longing for meaningful and intimate companionship.

What beautiful thoughts and sentiments are expressed by such wonderful thinkers and writers in just one book!A beautiful book - recommend for mothers and daughters, books clubs, sisters, MOPS, and more!

Between Heaven & Mirth  Why Joy, Humour and Laughter by Fr. James Martin SJ hb wdj *NEW*“ $10.....Between Heaven and Mirth will make any reader smile. . . . Father Martin reminds us that happiness is the good God's own goal for us.” -Timothy M. Dolan, Archbishop of New York

From The Colbert Report's “official chaplain” James Martin, SJ, author of the New York Times bestselling The Jesuit Guide to (Almost) Everything, comes a revolutionary look at how joy, humour, and laughter can change our lives and save our spirits. A Jesuit priest with a busy media ministry, Martin understands the intersections between spirituality and daily life. In Between Heaven and Mirth, he uses scriptural passages, the lives of the saints, the spiritual teachings of other traditions, and his own personal reflections to show us why joy is the inevitable result of faith, because a healthy spirituality and a healthy sense of humour go hand-in-hand with God's great plan for humankind.This is an excellent book which lives up to its title. It is one that you can dip into from time to time, and if you are feeling low this book will uplift you with its joy and mirth. It is serious as well.Highly recommended.

Everything You Need to know about Homeschool Unit Studies PLUS Everything You Need To Build A Unit Study Notebook both by Jennifer Steward ec $15 for both....

An easy to use how-to manual which dispels myths about unit studies like "too much planning" and "having to be creative" and instead shows how to simplify unit studies using notebooks and living books. Because the book is cohesive and easy to read, this 197 page book inspires readers and helps them understand the value of real learning! Includes a visual section full of forms, samples and planning sheets.   You'll find the key information which streamlines and guarantees success by looking for the little 'lightbulb' symbols throughout the book."Everything You Need To Know About Homeschooling Unit Studies" is really a "nuts and bolts" manual taking you step by step through the process to create your own unit study. Jennifer talks to you in an easy, conversational tone on the topics of "Choosing A Teaching Method, Get On Your Mark...Get Set...Go!, Planning Unit Studies, Books, Unit Studies and High School, and There's Still More!" The appendix includes a resource section, sample unit studies and planning sheets. Excellent resource.....Plus included is The Notebook package is the "why and how" of notebooks—the second key element in unit studies. The idea with Notebooks is to have a project to centre each unit study around. It not only provides a place for students to compile and organise their work, but also becomes a permanent record of accomplishments and something they can call their own, which helps them become more enthusiastic about their study.

BBC and ABC  5 DVD George Eliot Collection Boxed and in *AS NEW* condition $80.... includes: Five George Eliot adaptations are packaged together for this collection. All five were originally produced for the BBC. The titles included are: SILAS WARNER, ADAM BEDE, THE MILL ON THE FLOSS, MIDDLEMARCH and DANIEL DERONDA. Source Writer George Eliot Special Features.

The Children On The Hill the story of an Extraordinary Family by Michael Deakin hb wdj ec $8....This is a wonderful story about a mother and her love for her children. Fascinating tale of a "child-centered" couple and their four home-schooled children. Raises some questions (in my mind, not much in the book) about the purposes of education and the self-sacrifice of parents. The children are undoubtedly exceptional. Some sections from the book I will quote - it seems that the mother, Maria used a Montessori type of education from the very beginning....HERE: "Too often Maria found that materials designed by people not directly concerned in an individual parent-child relationship turned out, when judged in the light of a carefully prepared environment, to be designed not for any particular purpose beyond diverting the child and killing time. Sometimes, it is true, a specific toy presented a challenge, but as often another was discarded - a living example of the old adage that the best toy is a simple one. It was not complex adult-inspired toys, but pens and paper, raffia and small home-made looms which provided Maria and her children with endless hours exploring their senses and reflexes, and later with improvised scientific experiments and games of imagination."

AND HERE:  "Montessori, it is true, provided many of the tools; "Love is the intuition of the unity of all reality - we must foster this faith in ourselves - love in action is to act out this intuition to the end.....- Mother of the children on the hill."  "As every mother who has brought up children knows, the best children's books are those which are adult in their language, like the Beatrix Potter stories." 

Charlotte Mason Study Guide A Simplified Approach to a "Living Education" by Penny Gardner ec $8...

The Charlotte Mason Study Guide is an introduction to Miss Mason's philosophy of education. It contains hundreds of excerpts from Charlotte Mason's six-volume set along with current writings on how to apply this philosophy in home schools and classrooms. This book stands on its own or may be used as a study guide to Charlotte Mason's series. The same is true of 

conversation. She has given us an invaluable tool for implementing the sometimes hard to understand nuisances found in CM's Original Home Education Series.

Think of this book as a Study Guide for each volume. It takes most, if not all, of the most important quotes from the entire series, and arranges them into 20 different "Study Topics". The topics include quotes taken from the series, testimonials from other CM users who have been successful in implementing the particular subject, insights and prose from Penny Gardner herself, and quotes from scripture. All of these elements work cohesively to create a much deeper understanding of the topic, thus eliminating most of the frustration one endures when first reading CM's original work. There is even an in-depth chapter on Narration, the cornerstone of Charlotte Mason's philosophy. Excellent, nuts and bolts of applying the method in your own homeschool.

AMERICAN GIRL DOLL -  GRACE: (AS NEW ) Grace was Girl of the Year in 2015....$250.

if you would like photos please send me your email as the fils are too large for me to add here.

(This doll was bought by a friend of the Rede family,  for their daughter Grace. Since Grace is now with Jesus.....her needs are different!)

Grace is now a collectable doll. She comes complete in the original box, the care instructions are included. She also boasts a beautiful charm bracelet, Paris clothes, and high boots. Plus The Grace book which includes her story and adventures. 

Grace is no longer in circulation - She is very good to new condition.

Happy Venture Readers published by Arthur & Boyd. 

An Excellent reading scheme for children between prep an grade 4 each grade has 3 -4 main readers with vocabulary list plus  workbook accompanying the specific grade level, included are  extra little readers for child's confidence and progress. This complete set includes a Teachers Manual (rare to find). The Complete Set is $100..negotiable (over 40 books included!!!!)

Wide range Readers by Arthur & Boyd are for children of Grades 5-7 Again an excellent reading program, Wholesome, with Christian content, biographies of famous people and events, includes poetry literature and more....These readers are geared to enhance and encourage young readers to look deeper into literature and historical events....the set for $30..