• Announcements

• HomeGrownKids

AussieHomeschool Closing Down   11/14/2019

All good things must come to an end and AussieHomeschool is no different. It is with much sadness yet even more necessity that this must be so.   As of Sunday evening, 17/11/2019 the Discussion Forums will close. The Classifieds, for now although not indeterminate, will continue as is.       Why is this happening now? In all honesty, it probably should have happened many years ago but I created this forum, which originally a homeschool classifieds forum for Aussies, about 20 years or so ago. I, along with others for whom I am gratefully indebted to, have spent many, many hours sweating, laughing, praying, crying, writing, apologising, pleading and speaking about this wonderful place. In this day and age of Social Media, along with our ages and therefore differernt stages of life, it is simply not viable in any way for it to continue. You may think differently and that's okay - you honestly have to have lived through some of the dramas and learning opportunities that we all have to truly appreciate why we have the standards that we do - they were borne out of necessity and not undertaken lightly. Much blood, sweat and tears have been spilt over this place. Even more friendships, learning, debate, love, prayer and great times have been had becuase of AussieHomeschool. No one could ever be more thankful for it than I.

I understand you may feel frustration or even anger and for that I apologise, I feel you. But now it is YOUR time to go out and spread the word of home education and its benefits. Share YOUR story, tell those you know and don't know about homeschooling and what is has done for your family.   On behalf of John (my long suffering and patient husband), myself and the ENTIRE moderating team over the many years - I THANK YOU and WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST IN ALL YOUR ENDEAVOURS.   God Bless, Susan (HomeGrownKids /  AussieHomeschool)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HomeGrownKids

Attention vendors, suppliers and sellers

10 posts in this topic

This is a discussion forum, not a selling forum. Please do not *push*, however gently, products that you may sell. There are many, many ways in which to advertise your business on this site - the forum is Off Limits for that.

You may, however, use your signature to provide people with your website link.

Topics, Threads or Responses with commercial content: NOT OK

Text link to commercial business in signature: OK

Link to your profile, and your About Me page: OK

Just a question Susan, sometimes someone will ask in a forum post about a product and/or where to find it. Is it ok to post a message letting them know that you have it?

Thanks, Jess

Hi Jess,

Thanks for asking questions...it's the best way to clarify things eh.

What we had *tried* to do on the old board is what we'd like to try and maintain. (I also co-mod an email group and we've had this policy for over 6 years now) I know it seems like a long way round the point but there are reasons for it.

If Inquiring Ivy asks where to get a product, then Said Supplier can email Inquiring Ivy or send them a PM, informing them of the details and provide a link to the site and/or the product.

If Inquiring Ivy would like to come back to the original post and mention that she found it at... Said Supplier (or other supplier), she is more than welcome to.

In other words, other people can speak for a supplier but we would prefer suppliers not to directly comment (advertise/inform) on the thread.

Does that help? ;)

Yep, great thankyou :)

Jess

Dear Admin,

Just a few questions.

If someone does step over the line could you also give them a PM so that they realise. When I read a post like this I think ,"OOOH, I hope it wasn't me." If I make a boo boo I want to know and I am sure others would also.

If we refer to a free product on our site like a schedule or booklist or something simular is that breaking the rules if it is in context with the post.

If we have blogged on that particular topic are we allowed to send them to our blog?

Plus another comment. Our general philosophy comes through in our posts. If we have classical, CM, or workbooks that tends to be how we think. As with all posters on this site we tend to post from the heart. When we post our general attitude may seem like we are pushing our philosophy and therefore our products. Is that stepping over the line. I hope not!

Thanks again for the reminder. I have found this forum to be very supportive of vendors.

Warm smiles

Michelle

Michelle Downunder wrote:

Just a few questions.

Sure! So long as you don't mind me answering - the Admin's double. ;)

If someone does step over the line could you also give them a PM so that they realise. When I read a post like this I think ,"OOOH, I hope it wasn't me." If I make a boo boo I want to know and I am sure others would also.

Yup, sure! However, just to put everyone's mind at ease...this post wasn't aimed at anyone in particular- it is a general post. (They have to be put up at some point ;) ) So, no one has stepped over the line. Okay?

If we refer to a free product on our site like a schedule or booklist or something simular is that breaking the rules if it is in context with the post.

I don't believe it does go against the guidelines.

If we have blogged on that particular topic are we allowed to send them to our blog?

Yup! You can say, for example, "Oh, if you're interested in more of my thoughts, you can head over to my blog where I wrote about using Wonderland of Nature with my children" Then, leave the link. But not the link to the product page- but to your blog page. KWIM? See the difference?

Plus another comment. Our general philosophy comes through in our posts. If we have classical, CM, or workbooks that tends to be how we think. As with all posters on this site we tend to post from the heart. When we post our general attitude may seem like we are pushing our philosophy and therefore our products. Is that stepping over the line. I hope not!

If it was stepping over the line then no one would be able to post anything! :woohoo: Everyone has a worldview and/or philosophy and that will always come through - so long as a vendor doesn't link directly to their product or say that "hey, to read this great book you can head over here" and leave the link to their own site. That's pretty blatant eh. ;)

Thanks again for the reminder. I have found this forum to be very supportive of vendors.

I hope it is. It is a direct intent. There is PLENTY of room for *free*, blatant advertising on this site. ;) But to be fair, it is also good to balance that in the discussion forums. The forums are an advertising free zone. ;) There are many hs vendors who simply don't get to frequent the forums- I'd hate to see them miss out on reaching certain audiences simply because they're busy homeschooling and not pushing/mentioning products on forums. KWIM?

I guess my aim is to try and be as fair as possible to ALL the homeschooling families who offer their goods and/or services. If vendors can see the aim, then it should be fairly easy to stick to. Do you think?

Michelle, and others I hope that clarifies things a little. If not, do feel free to ask more questions. I have been pretty busy lately and have realised that some of my posts or responses have been a little abrupt...sorry if I have come across that way at all.

Love to all vendors!

Dear Susan,

Thanks for answering my questions. I think those guidelines are easy to stick to and more than fair.

Smiles

Michelle

HI Susan - I have a question on this! :)

In a recent thread, someone was asking about 'Wordsmith', and asked where it was available in Australia. Someone replied it was available through another supplier, but we have that one in our online store, also.

So, fine, I could email the original poster and tell her that, but anyone else looking for that particular book would see only the one supplier listed in that thread, and may come to the conclusion there is only one stocking for this item.

Do you catch my drift? Is there any post I could leave in that situation that would be acceptable?

Hi Linda,

Sure, great question! Thanks for asking. I totally get your drift. Totally.

What I suggest is to email or PM me and I'll add a comment to the thread. It's rare that I'm not around but in the off case that I'm out of town, then email or PM one of the other mods and let them know of the situation. They'll come in and add a comment to the thread.

WDYT?

Sorry Everyone.

I believe i am a culprit here. I didn't mean any harm. Thank you for letting me know the rules.

Emily