• Announcements

• HomeGrownKids

AussieHomeschool Closing Down   11/14/2019

All good things must come to an end and AussieHomeschool is no different. It is with much sadness yet even more necessity that this must be so.   As of Sunday evening, 17/11/2019 the Discussion Forums will close. The Classifieds, for now although not indeterminate, will continue as is.       Why is this happening now? In all honesty, it probably should have happened many years ago but I created this forum, which originally a homeschool classifieds forum for Aussies, about 20 years or so ago. I, along with others for whom I am gratefully indebted to, have spent many, many hours sweating, laughing, praying, crying, writing, apologising, pleading and speaking about this wonderful place. In this day and age of Social Media, along with our ages and therefore differernt stages of life, it is simply not viable in any way for it to continue. You may think differently and that's okay - you honestly have to have lived through some of the dramas and learning opportunities that we all have to truly appreciate why we have the standards that we do - they were borne out of necessity and not undertaken lightly. Much blood, sweat and tears have been spilt over this place. Even more friendships, learning, debate, love, prayer and great times have been had becuase of AussieHomeschool. No one could ever be more thankful for it than I.

I understand you may feel frustration or even anger and for that I apologise, I feel you. But now it is YOUR time to go out and spread the word of home education and its benefits. Share YOUR story, tell those you know and don't know about homeschooling and what is has done for your family.   On behalf of John (my long suffering and patient husband), myself and the ENTIRE moderating team over the many years - I THANK YOU and WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST IN ALL YOUR ENDEAVOURS.   God Bless, Susan (HomeGrownKids /  AussieHomeschool)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AussieHomeschool

AH Blog: Christmas Message 2011

1 post in this topic

Christmas Message 2011AussieHomeschool

The administrative and moderating team here at AussieHomeschool would like to thank all members for their valuable contribution to the site. It is your forum and your classifieds and without you, it would be nothing.

manger-cross.jpg

If you are traveling during the Christmas holidays, it is our prayer that you will be kept safe. If you are fellowshipping with family and friends, may you continue to remember Jesus and honour Him. For those that are struggling, are hurting or are alone – we hope that you will reach out to someone and share your need, allowing others to help and support you. We are keeping the forums open today for those that are hurting or or alone at this time.

We hope and pray that Christmas Day will be a time of celebration – for the birth of Jesus is a part of the whole story of God. And that, is truly something to celebrate. To learn more about the historic record of the birth of Christ you can read Matthew 1:18-25 and Luke 2:1-20.

Unlike any other baby, the one born that night in Bethlehem was unique in all of history. He was not created by a human father and mother. He had a heavenly pre-existence. He is God, the Son—Creator of the universe. The eternal, the all-powerful and all-knowing Creator came to earth in the flesh that we might know Him – this is the awesomeness of the birth of Christ – Christmas.

Why would God do such a thing? Why would he come as a baby, instead of appearing in power and majesty? Why make himself a true man and live among us, when he knew full well how terribly he would be treated?

It was LOVE!

It is our desire that each member would come to see the birth of Jesus personally, for For God so loved the world,that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe is condemned already, because he has not believed in the name of the only Son of God.

Jesus was born not to delight us with a manger scene and give us a pleasant little story but so that He would die. That He would die is the plan of salvation for you and for me. The shadow of the Cross fell across the manger on the first ever Christmas day. Without the cross … without the tomb … without the resurrection … Jesus was just another baby born into the world. We cannot celebrate Christmas and the birth of a sweet, perfect, holy baby – completely God and completely man – without looking ahead to the cross.

The baby was only the beginning.

View and comment on the full article