• Announcements

• HomeGrownKids

AussieHomeschool Closing Down   11/14/2019

All good things must come to an end and AussieHomeschool is no different. It is with much sadness yet even more necessity that this must be so.   As of Sunday evening, 17/11/2019 the Discussion Forums will close. The Classifieds, for now although not indeterminate, will continue as is.       Why is this happening now? In all honesty, it probably should have happened many years ago but I created this forum, which originally a homeschool classifieds forum for Aussies, about 20 years or so ago. I, along with others for whom I am gratefully indebted to, have spent many, many hours sweating, laughing, praying, crying, writing, apologising, pleading and speaking about this wonderful place. In this day and age of Social Media, along with our ages and therefore differernt stages of life, it is simply not viable in any way for it to continue. You may think differently and that's okay - you honestly have to have lived through some of the dramas and learning opportunities that we all have to truly appreciate why we have the standards that we do - they were borne out of necessity and not undertaken lightly. Much blood, sweat and tears have been spilt over this place. Even more friendships, learning, debate, love, prayer and great times have been had becuase of AussieHomeschool. No one could ever be more thankful for it than I.

I understand you may feel frustration or even anger and for that I apologise, I feel you. But now it is YOUR time to go out and spread the word of home education and its benefits. Share YOUR story, tell those you know and don't know about homeschooling and what is has done for your family.   On behalf of John (my long suffering and patient husband), myself and the ENTIRE moderating team over the many years - I THANK YOU and WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST IN ALL YOUR ENDEAVOURS.   God Bless, Susan (HomeGrownKids /  AussieHomeschool)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AussieHomeschool

AH Blog: You Are You Leaving a Legacy

1 post in this topic

You Are You Leaving a LegacyAussieHomeschool

Whether I am driving in the car, washing dishes, sweeping the floor, preparing a meal, reading a good book, visiting a neighbour, running errands or paying bills are all opooruntities. They are activities that I can do with my children and it is through these tasks, of which some are delights and others are simply necessary, that I have the opportunity to model character but more so, I have the privilege of sharing the good news of God with my children.

These_commandments.png

One of my favourite verses in God’s word is in Deuteronomy 6. I particularly like Chapter 6, mainly because of the surrounding verses. The writer of these verses is Moses.

Moses went to Egypt and led the Israelites out of Egypt. They wandered around in the wilderness for 40 years. So close yet so far away from the Promised Land. During all this time the people of Israel had fallen away form the Lord and the teachings of Moses. Moses went to Mt. Sinai and received the Commandments from God. I continually remind myself why the Law was given. It was given to reveal divine holiness. It showed who God is… His standards of righteousness! When I look at the commandments I can see how far short I have fallen…and how I can never adhere to them in and of myself.

I was intrigued to realise that it took the Israelites about 40 hours to get out of Egypt but it took 40 years for the Israelites to find the promised land- or as I’ve heard is said somewhere before, “It took 40 years to get Egypt out of Israel.” However, the other interesting point is that Moses didn’t get to enter the promised land. Only two of the Israelites who were taken out of Egypt got to enter it and they were Joshua and Caleb . All the others had died and there was a new generation.

Just before his death, before the entrance to the promised land, Moses gave a final word of admonition and exhortation or additional instruction. (Interestingly, Jesus also quotes this verse). Moses was their leader. He helped them to live godly lives amongst heathen nations. As the Word was taught to us, so we must teach it to our children.

How Many Generations?>/h3>
How many generations can you see in these verses? Three! That means me, my children and my grandchildren! God knows that our teachings, lives and beliefs can influence future generations. I wasn’t raised a Christian. My mother converted when I was in my early teens so we say that she was our first generation Christian. It began with her. She lived out her life in front of me…and I picked up on that passion. A danger for me is that I may become complacent in the living out of my faith and thus my children will pick up on that. Or that I may acknowledge God’s commands but not live in the fear or love of the Lord. Oh Lord, create in me a clean heart…keep my heart drawn to you.

family-300x225.jpg

What Are We To Pass On?

So, what are we to pass down to the generations- to our children. It must be more than head knowledge… although that’s a good starting place. But our beliefs, our values must be lived out in our lives. The Word must change us. Along with a knowledge of God we must also have a fear of the Lord – a love. Otherwise, all we have is religion.

We are passing a legacy long to our children: Choose today what you will pass on. Social, emotional, spiritual and practical… choose today to model your beliefs and be intentional with passing on your legacy.

The Gospel According to You

There’s a sweet old story translated for men,
But writ in the long, long ago
The Gospel according to Mark, Luke, and John
Of Christ and His mission below.

You are writing a gospel, a chapter each day,
By deeds that you do, by words that you say.
Men read what you write, whether faithless or true.
Say, what is the gospel according to you?

Men read and admire the gospel of Christ,
With its love so unfailing and true;
But what do they say, and what do they think
Of the gospel according to you?

‘Tis a wonderful story, that gospel of love,
As it shines in the Christ-life divine,
And oh, that its truth might be told again
In the story of your life and mine!

Unselfish mirrors in every scene,
Love blossoms on every sod,
And back from its vision the heart comes to tell
The wonderful goodness of God.

You are writing each day a letter to men;
Take care that the writing is true.
‘Tis the only gospel some men will read,
That gospel according to you.

*I have found that this poem has been attributed to two different authors – Paul Gilbert and Wallace E. Norwood. I’ll attribute both because I can’t be sure.

Originally written in December, 2005.

No related posts.

AussieHomeschoolAussieHomeschool - Classifieds & Community

di
di

PQVL?d=yIl2AUoC8zA PQVL?d=qj6IDK7rITs PQVL?i=fl3encKIgJU:mJEf8s7mG3E:D7DqB2pKExk
fl3encKIgJU

View the full article